Benefits for young people
- Understand priorities for the future.
- Broaden ideas for the future learning and careers.
- Improve motivation.
- Explore options at the end of Year 11 and beyond and develop a plan.
- Improve study skills.
- A different perspective of the world of work.
- Appreciation from parents, teachers and other people who care for the student.
- Networking opportunities with like-minded companies.
- The chance to inspire your future workforce.
- Learn more about education and strengthening links in the local community.
How to get started - linking with your school
Opportunities Doncaster will work with you to find out who the key contacts at the school are. It may also be useful to get an understanding of what the key priorities at the school are.
Prepare for your first meeting
- Your link at school will have information about your student which will help you to understand and form a relationship with them. You can use this information to help set some goals for you young person.
- Think in advance about your approach - preparation will make you more confident and effective.
Build a relationship
- Get to know each other, understand the young person.
- Show interest in the person you are working with in order to build up a relationship.